Sunday, March 8, 2015

"Don't let that man sneeze on you, next thing you know I'm checking up on you in the maternity ward."

On top of having spinal stenosis, I also have polycystic ovarian syndrome.

Basically- the years of treating my body badly have shown. That is the culprit. Myself...treating myself...badly.

Oddly enough, discovering that I have polycystic ovarian syndrome did not worry me...as I have never planned on having children anyway. At least, not for a while. My doctor is unsure of why or how but I am most sure that it is stemmed from myself abusing my body for so long.

Two days ago I was talking to my chiropractor about what else there is for me to do in order to shed these last few pounds. I am feeling better, my back hasn't been giving me the trouble it used to but sometimes it does creep up on me. He then referred me to another chiropractor that is a colleague of his. This D.C. also happens to be a nutritionist/Family nurse practitioner. 3 birds- 1 stone? After speaking to him about my health he decided to put me on hormones to help increase my fertility. Much to my surprise- I was only going in to talk about help with working out my core and strengthening my spine for goodness sakes.

Anyway, here I am two days later doing much research and looking at these vials on hormone injections. The crazy this is, last week a buyer of mine brought her baby in. I never really looked at a baby before and thought to myself "I want one of those." but something in me sparked. I didn't quite say it...but I thought.. "hmm, maybe i'll want one of those." ...that is progress, right? I have never believed in forcing those types of things. but if taking these hormones will increase my fertility and give me a better chance at it...why not..right?

R and I are no where near having kids right now. He is still trying to get his firefighter career going and I am in my last stretch of grad school.

Things have been sort of crazy around here....buying a home, adopting a new pitty, and no hormone injections. What is going on here? I only just turned 31 last month and all of a sudden I am becoming a grown up? This shit is weird.

Am I going through a pre-midlife crisis? Ok, so buying a home and adopting a new puppy are exciting fun grown up things- but thinking about taking hormone injections to increase my fertility? I think I am trying to make sense to myself by repeating myself.

No comments: