Friday, March 7, 2014

Grown ups.

It is that time of year again. Where the weather starts to warm up, the sun starts to peek through, girls run around in summer dresses, live music, out of towners fill the city, and day drinking is acceptable before 5pm. Yes, SXSW has come to Austin. SXSW is like Christmas for me. I get to take time off of work and just explore my city aimlessly, randomly running into old friends, discovering new music, meeting new people from all over the world. I love this time of year.

This SXSW time around, I am having to deal with pain. I have to admit, when I was diagnosed...my first thought was "aw man, am I going to be able to get around during SXSW?!" Every year around SXSW time I put in miles and miles of walking in a day a lone...but I love every step of it. This year, with my pain...I fear that I will not be able to do as much. Walking is just painful, being on my feet...painful. This just reminds me all over again how much I hate this disease. I just need to try and remain positive. Which is hard to do some days more than others. The great thing is that I am such a lucky girl to have the love and support of so many people. These people that genuinely just want the best for me. I don't want to let these people down. If it weren't for them, I know I wouldn't have the strength to work as hard as I am. I love you all.

To top it all off. RJ is also supportive. Which is very.... I don't know how to describe it, but it is something I have never felt before. I have always been a pretty secure person, I generally know what I want. I know this sounds really crazy, but he gives me a push. That little last bit of the push that I need. Anyway, I'm sorry I'm gushing. This feeling is new...and it feels great.

No comments: