Friday, September 5, 2014

Unititled

People that are in relationships usually miss their single selves, while singles long for that companionship.

It's like girls who have straight hair and wish their hair was curly, and vice versa. No one ever believes in that happy medium. I do. I relish in the thought that I am in a healthy/fun/unconditionally loving relationship & on the opposite end of the spectrum, I love that we have our own lives and goals in life. It is sweet to know that no matter how different our lives are, they seem to cross paths and align.

Living with RJ is sweet. I love our busy lives, because at the end of the day...when I'm laying down at night, I can feel him come home from the fire station- cuddle up behind me. I can smell him fresh from the shower, he kisses my shoulder and Molly nestles in front of me and as I am sandwiched between the two of them, I feel my body temperature begin to get rise. But I don't and I can't pull myself away... as I begin to sweat a little, and he begins to breathe harder down my neck as he falls asleep, Molly following suit.... It just feels like home.


2 comments:

V. Nino said...

I'm so happy for you, love!

I feel this. Sometimes I pine for a life with less obligations (like a husband!), but then I realize that I have the closest thing to the best of both worlds (like you) cause we both give each other tons of autonomy.

Janice JV said...

Thank you, my darling. Sometimes I feel like I actually need to pinch myself (as cliché as that sounds) to remind myself that this is all real... & that I deserve it. :)