Wednesday, March 19, 2014

This is sappy

When RJ and I don't get to see one another we rely on technology. We pretty much talk through out the day it seems. The conversation is never dull and I often find that we are making eachother laugh the entire time. This is what many call "The Honeymoon" phase. 

I don't know about any of y'all, but I don't ever want "The Honeymoon" phase to end! 

I'm gushing. 

Since we started our relationship we both agreed that we want to stick to our normal routines as far as the other parts of our lives. I am determined to stick to improving my health with exercise/etc as well as keeping my grades up with studying and remaining focused. RJ is currently working full time as well as attending fireman academy. We both have priorities that we want to maintain & when we have free time we reserve that for eachother. So far it has worked out beautifully. 

Last week he had the week off for spring break from the academy so we picked a day to fill as much as we could in. He has only been in Austin for about a year and a half and has expressed to me that he hasn't really experienced much of Austin.  We pretty much fit almost a spring break week's worth of fun into one day. It's all I had since I had a prior engagement to travel out of town, aside from work and school keeping me busy. We had a really nice day just enjoying the company of one another before our friends met up with us... There is one moment that stuck out to me.

We were sitting out on the jam packed patio filled with sxsw'ers at Craft Pride on Rainey St. (people watching) while waiting for our pizza (from Via313!). We were laughing about something I can't remember what. He stopped laughing... Smiled and said to me-

"I'm going to make you strong, baby. I am going to help you strengthen your back. I don't want you to hurt anymore." 

I smiled at him, he kissed me.. 

I almost wanted to cry, but I sucked it back. It was the perfect sweet moment. This guy is good. :)

No comments: