Monday, April 21, 2014

500 posts?

In celebration of my 500th post I thought I would do something different. A little Q&A, if you will. I was looking back at all of my posts and just realized that I have held onto this blog for nearly 6-7 years. So much history captured in time on this blog. This will be a quick one, I have plenty to update.

1. Where are you from?
I am originally from Copperas Cove, TX. I say this because before moving to Austin I was living there and that is where I finished high school. The more I think about it, I have actually lived in Austin longer now than I ever lived in Copperas Cove. Just a little back story, my father was in the military and we moved all over the world. He decided to retired in Texas because he fell in love with living here.

2. What do you do for a living?
I am currently a part-time nanny, freelance photographer, and full time student. I recently started going back to school full time around Feb 2013 after I was laid off from my previous job. Prior to being laid off, I always said I wanted to go back to school for my master's but I never got around to it. I always had the excuse of not having enough time for school, or that I couldn't afford it.

3. What are 5 items you can not live with out?
Ha, I can't live with out a lot of things...but if  had to choose 5 then here we go, in no particular order;
- Necklace, this was given to m by my mother when I was a child. It is a jade Buddha pendant. I never take it off, it is apart of me. Sometimes, I will have a wild hair up my ass and wear a different piece of jewelry, but more often than not...that piece of jewelry is what I always come back to.
- Chapstick! I always have chapstick. I used to go through this phase where I would always buy all kinds of different chapsticks/lipglosses for no reason at all. I always lose or "misplace" them, too. I have them in my car, in my cup holder, under the seat, in my room, on my desk, in my purse, in my wallet, everywhere! One time a friend even said to me "With in the passed hour I noticed that you put on your chapstick at least 3 different times!" haha, addict.
- Camera, I love my camera. I love taking a day to just walk around and take pictures. It is my livelihood
- Phone, I work from my phone. I do everything on my phone. School work, work, and of course...social media. :)
- Laughing. Now I know this is not a materialistic thing nor is it physical, but I love a good laughing. It is like my bread and butter. I love to always have a smile on my face...I love laughing with friends and family...even just by myself watching a show or reading a book or scrolling through social media and reading the updates my friends post. I just love laughing!

4. When did you last laugh?
How ironic is it that this question comes next after I just proclaimed that I can't live with out laughing? My last really good uncontrollably loud laugh/cackle was when my boyfriend and I were done eating breakfast. We were in my room and he was getting ready for work. He said something and lifted his hand up. There was this huge brown substance on his arm and I stopped him mid-sentence and said (mind you, he just got out of the bathroom. I'm not saying he went number 2 or anything but I felt that including that little tid bit is important) "WAIT, WHAT ...is THAT!?" and I pointed to his arm. It ended up being chocolate from some granola he was eating. I then said to him "baby, I'm not saying that I think you went number 2 earlier, but if that was poop on your arm..we would have to re-evaluate this relationship. I can't be dating someone who doesn't properly wipe their own ass!" haha :)

5. Have you ever been in a beauty pagent?
Haha, actually. Yes. One time in my life. I was 5yrs old and my aunty entered me. We were living in California and at the time she and my uncle did not have children yet. I was pretty much like her baby. I didn't win the over all grand prize but I did win Miss Mini Queen.

6. Do you have pets?
Yes! I have always had pets. My family (collectively) has 4 dogs and 3 cats. My dog is a pitbull, my parents own the other 3 dogs and 3 cats. I consider my parents dogs my own, too. Molly is my child, she is sweet, very loving, very playful, and sensitive. Currently, due to recent events to which I will explain later, she is no longer living with me. I miss her terribly every day. She is against the pet policy here, she is over the weight limit and considered to be an aggressive breed. :(

7. If you won millions of dollars from the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people?
I don't think that I would want to tell any one this information. I would stop working and focus all of my time into school. I would just carry on my life, but bask in the thought of being financially taken care of and educated.

8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was little I always said that I wanted to be a nurse. I don't know why. I just always knew I wanted to be in the medical field and help people. I always remember saying I wanted to be a nurse. Then one day I just didn't want to do that anymore. I attribute that to my brother and mother making fun of how forgetful I am and telling me I would probably leave a pair of scissor in a patient that was having surgery or something. Ha.

9. Where would you want to retire to?
I would love to retire and live at the beach. I don't even care if its a Texas beach. If you don't know, most Texas beaches are nothing compared to California or Hawaii. I honestly wouldn't even care if it was a Texas beach or beach in Hawaii. I just have always been a beach baby. I wouldn't be bored, who would complain about spending their days on the beach? Ideally, I would love to spend half of the year in Hawaii and the other half in Texas. Texas has my heart, hands down.

10. What is most important to you in life?
The most important to me is my health. With out my health I would not have a livelihood. Health and the HAPPINESS of the people around me...those are the things in life that are important to me. When the people I love and care for are happy, it just makes me happy.

No comments: