Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I liiiiiike you

It was the second week into dating RJ when we were getting into the car. I told him I would drive since he has a long day at fire academy and was just so tired. I figured, I will go ahead and let him rest. I'll drive tonight. We got into the car and he said

Thank you for driving baby, I love you.
My eyes, I looked like a deer in headlights, its only been two weeks?! I turned and looked at him, his eyes were big-
Umm... I mean... I liiiiike you
Followed by him petting my head
Hahaha! I liiiiike you, too! Good save by the way.
We both laughed and went about out date.

For the next few weeks, he would slip and say it again, retract, and follow it by an "I liiiiike you!".. After a while we just got into the habit of saying "I liiiiiike you!"..It was our sweet little gesture to one another.

On 04/20 it was his birthday, so the night before (Saturday) I planned this big dinner for him. His room mates were all out of town and I knew he would be tired from fire academy. I woke up early and got some work done. Then I started to prep for his dinner. I didn't want to get over there and start cooking and have him wait, I know usually on days when he has academy all he really has is a lunch and by the time he gets off he is usually starving for dinner. I made tofu stir fry (which I've made for him before, he is a meat eater but after I made it for him the last time he has requested it again, I just never got around to making it again), brown rice, salad, and for dessert I made him a cinnamon/nutmeg wheat flour cake (no icing, he hates icing) topped with homemade coconut banana pudding ice cream. Around 530p I didn't hear from him, usually he calls around 5p. I figured he either got home and passed out or...and note that I am a worrier!...something happened and fire academy. He mentioned to me that they would be putting out real fires and running through buildings that day. I secretly started to get worried. Finally close to 630p he calls me to let me know he's off. That night I finished preparing his birthday dinner and we sat down to talk about our day and just enjoy each other's company. We didn't plan to do anything crazy for his birthday that night because he had to be up early for work on Easter Sunday. After dinner we watched some tv and actually ended up falling asleep instead of going out to meet our friends for a drink.

On Sunday we went out for some Sunday Funday birthday celebrating after he got home from work. As the day went on, people slowly started to leave. ..and then there was just the two of us. Instead of ending our little party early we ended up going to a bar close to my house for a little night cap. We went to a bar where the bar tenders know me, as soon as I walked up to the bar my favorite bar tender had my drink ready. He must have seen me walking in. Ha, I'm still not sure if that flatters me or embarrasses me. Either way, they take good care of me there. :) After getting some food and having a drink we decided to go home. I parked the car and went to open my door. He then reached over me and closed my door, he kissed me and said "wait, lets just sit here before we go inside." he kissed me again and said

Thank you for showing me a good time today, baby. I had a lot of fun.
He kissed me again.
Always babe. You don't have to thank me. You're welcome.
I kissed him back.
I like you he said
I like you, too I told him
I really really like you he said
I really really really like you I said
He kisses me again.
I am so happy when I am with you He said
Likewise babe I smiled
I love you He said
I paused, Wait...did you mean to say that or do you mean you "liiiiiiike me?" or are you drunk?
He smiled at me No, I love you.
I'm smiling I love you.
He kisses me
Did you know all day that you were going to tell me that? I asked
I knew that I love you the second I saw you, I have always loved you. I was just waiting for the right time to say it. That is now. He said.

He waited 4 months.

No comments: